Apply now to be a Kagan Senatorial Scholar for Spring 2024 and beyond!
Legislative Scholarships are an excellent opportunity for undergrad and graduate students. Sen. Cheryl C. Kagan (Gaithersburg & Rockville) accepts applications for both fall and spring semesters. To be considered for the Spring 2024 Semester, you must submit the required materials no later than Monday, November 27, 2023, at 5 PM (EST). Late applications will not be accepted.
To be eligible, students must have completed the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). General information on Senatorial Scholarships is available on the Maryland Higher Education Commission’s website.
Sen. Kagan’s Senatorial Scholarships are awarded on need and merit. They must be used at any Maryland higher education institution unless you have a verified unique major, in which case they can be used at an out-of-state school. Her Senatorial Scholarship Selection Committee, comprised of volunteers who live and/or work in Rockville or Gaithersburg, gives preference to candidates who:
- Submit thoughtful, well-written essays;
- Demonstrate academic rigor;
- Perform volunteer service in the community;
- Attend Montgomery College, a school in the Universities at Shady Grove System, or a school in the University System of Maryland.
- Have a verifiable history of voting (any party, any candidate), if eligible.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact my office at Cheryl.Kagan@senate.state.md.us using the subject line SCHOLARSHIP QUESTION.