For COVID-19 resources, updates, and vaccine information, click here.
Thank you for visiting my website! It is an honor to serve the residents of Rockville and Gaithersburg as the State Senator for District 17. The 2021 Legislative Session is now underway; my colleagues and I have adapted to new COVID-19 protocols for a safe and successful 90 days in Annapolis. I am sponsoring legislation on issues including, but not limited to– government transparency; environmental protection; 9-1-1 upgrades; consumer safety; telehealth access; and nonprofit equity.
My staff and I continue to share up-to-date COVID-19 resources on my website. Thanks to my advocacy, Phase 1A now also includes our “First” First Responders– the women and men under the headset in our 9-1-1 Centers. I encourage you to learn more about Montgomery County’s COVID-19 vaccine outreach and the statewide program for vaccinations.
After the legislature adjourned early in March for the first time since the Civil War, I:
- Assisted constituents with Unemployment Insurance (UI) services;
- Created a webpage to update constituents regarding the progress of COVID-19 and provide resources for assistance during this time;
- Pushed for transparency and fairness in our elections;
- Corrected inappropriate signage in State parking lots;
- Founded the National Nonprofit Legislative Caucus; and
- Worked with my Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG911) colleagues to improve our emergency systems by implementing text-to-911 across the state and crafting our 3rd Annual NG911 Commission Report.
If you would like to share your opinion on an issue or need help with a State Agency, please contact me at Cheryl.Kagan@senate.state.md.us. Additionally, you may engage with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube (where you can also find my new podcast, “Kibbitzing with Kagan”).
Please stay healthy and safe,
Cheryl C. Kagan
District 17 (Rockville & Gaithersburg)