July 30, 2021
National Night Out Against Crime — one of my very favorite events each year — takes place this Tuesday, August 3rd. These gatherings promote police/community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie. I love the chance to chat with constituents like you about issues of concern. See below for details on some of the various gatherings in Rockville and Gaithersburg. I hope to see you on Tuesday!
- Casey Community Center (6 – 8 p.m.) Indoor activities include music, crafts, games, special guests, giveaways, & more. Advanced registration is appreciated;
- Bennington (6 – 8:30 p.m.) The large grassy area bordered by Longdraft Road, Wade Court, Oak Shade, and E. Darby Court will host a social event; and
- Kentlands/Lakelands (6 – 8 p.m.) is having activities at the Clubhouse.
- College Gardens (6 – 9 p.m.) is held each year in one of Rockville’s most beautiful parks;
- Lincoln Park (6 – 9 p.m.) is hosting a night of food and fun activities; and
- Twinbrook (6 – 8 p.m.) is a fun gathering by the pool.
There are also events in Woodley Gardens, West End, King Farm, Hungerford-Stoneridge, Rockshire, and elsewhere.
Everyone is encouraged to turn on outdoor lights as part of the traditional display of front porch vigils, sending the message to criminals that neighborhoods are fighting back against crime.
Please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for photos and posts. My website has information about local Coronavirus efforts, internships, scholarships, and more. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified of new episodes of “Kibbitzing with Kagan.” And, you can always send questions or comments to me via email.