November 28, 2022
At MACo’s Winter Conference, an expert panel will explore innovative policies involving elections.
An essential function of Maryland’s county governments is to fund and oversee elections. But some laws and policies fail to recognize modern trends in voter preference, the capabilities of new technologies, and the realities of administering elections in our local communities. At MACo’s Winter Conference, an expert panel will explore innovative policies and new solutions to advance and promote free, fair, and secure elections.
Beyond the Ballot: The Evolution of Elections
Elections are a core function of county government — but times are changing. Modern trends in voter preference, new technology, supply shortages, difficulties recruiting and retaining election judges, new and evolving cyber threats, and defending against disinformation are top of mind for county leaders and local election officials.
- Jared DeMarinis, Director, Candidacy and Campaign Finance Division, Maryland State Board of Elections
- Alysoun McLaughlin, Acting Election Director, Montgomery County Board of Elections
- Matthew Weil, Executive Director, Democracy Program, Bipartisan Policy Center
Moderator: The Honorable Cheryl Kagan, Maryland Senate
Date/Time: Thursday, January 5, 2023; 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Hit the Ground Running,” is at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD, from January 4-6, 2023 (with a pre-conference orientation for new county officials on January 3).
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Registration Rates
- Exhibitor Details (SOLD OUT)
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotels (SOLD OUT – join the waitlist)
- See what it’s like – photos of the last Winter Conference
- #MACoCon details on Twitter
- Conference coverage and updates on MACo’s blog
- Questions? Contact email@example.com